Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mallowmores

I love S'mores.  Always have and always will.  Something about the combination of marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate together just makes me feel happy and like a kid again.  I follow David Lebovitz on Facebook and when I saw that he posted this recipe for Mallowmores I knew I had to make them.  I've made a couple things with S'mores ingredients on here so far, my favorite being the S'mores cookies.  Well, this just knocked those cookies out of first place and have taken over.  I love when things take time to make and they are worth every second of my time and effort.  And I got to make marshmallows - I haven't done that in years.  You forget how easy some things are when you haven't made them in forever.  It's probably a good thing I forgot how easy it is to make them, I have a love affair with marshmallows in my hot chocolate - like to the point where I can't see hot chocolate and it's just a sea of marshmallows floating in it.  It's bad - I know.  My mom has the same issue with whipped cream so I know I get it from her.  The hardest part of making these is waiting....it's a lot of waiting.  The marshmallows take over 6 hours to set up.  My suggestion is to make them in the afternoon and let them set up overnight so you don't wait around all day and have them taunt you every time you walk into your kitchen.  I know what you're thinking - 6 hours?!  Yes, lots of time - but it's so worth it!! I mean look at these things......

why hello there
......its worth it.  Soooo worth it.  I've said before it's rare if I eat something more than once when I make it - well I couldn't stop eating these.  It was bad - like Cookie Dough Truffles bad.  Once you make the marshmallows, the rest is easy.  Once the mallows are set and ready to go, time to make the graham crackers.  Once baked off, you put a marshmallow on top of each cracker to melt a little and seal together.

Clearly some of mine melted too much
Once that has cooled and set, time to dip in chocolate!! And really, everything is better coated in chocolate (kind of like everything is better with bacon).

it was hard to wait while the chocolate set up
All of my taste testers loved them.  Huge hit.....and I was told that I have to make them again.  I am going to try a couple of things different the next time I make them - like bake the graham crackers as a giant one and then put the marshmallows on top and then when cooled, cut them into squares - that way I wont have misshaped ones.  And use Candy Quick - it uses up a lot of chocolate chips if you do it the way the recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment